RSS

New Horizons

Monday, February 22, 2010

Lots has apparently changed since the last post, oh about 6 months ago.

First of all, I'm no longer a part of 0 A.D. it's been a particularly short run on that project.
I did do some changes in the code, really small ones, someone even told me I breathed new life into the project.

But then some friends of mine from college called me up, and asked me to help them do some server coding for a project they have been working on over at Dream Farmer.
I felt like it was something I could really do, based on my previous history with them and the what I was suppose to do.
So currently I'm working on a Facebook app with them, should be cool, should be released soon.

Again, I find myself really surprised at what I'm using to create these apps:
PHP knowledge I gained from an instruction video I watched during my college project, and Data Base knowledge I gained in a minor course at the university.
It just goes to show you how sometimes the small stuff also count, and become important.

On other things, I'm still studying some gaming stuff, but in a less intensive manner, meaning less courses than last year.
Did not attend Global Game Jam this year, since I haven't fulfilled my conclusions from last year.

I also want to add a new feature here, "Cool Game I Saw", I'll try and post it with every post.
So here it is:
Shank, a side-scrolling 2D platformer, very much like Metal Slug, but with a really cool visual style and really cool moves.
Check out the gameplay demo here.

Keep following, reading...

----------------
Now playing: John Petrucci - Damage Control
via FoxyTunes

0 comments: